Wednesday 22 January 2014

My week in monochrome..."What I would wear today if I could..."

I am experiencing a severe case of mid-week blues so this style post, sticking to the monochrome theme, is centered around one of Dirty London's amazing printed tees. The slogan on this one is perfect for my mood today- "Fall down five times, get up six!"

On the Dirty London website(www.dirtylondon.co.uk) they have a sentence describing each t-shirt print. For the tee I have chosen for this style post it says:

"OUR GREATEST WEAKNESS LIES IN GIVING UP. THE MOST CERTAIN WAY TO SUCCEED IS ALWAYS TO TRY ONE MORE TIME"


Definitely a message we all need to hear on a Wednesday morning, even more so on a Wednesday morning where you have run out of coffee!!!


Kimono £68.00(Topshop), Top £25.00(Dirtylondon.co.uk), Leather skirt £14.99(H&M), Oversized bag £80.00(American Apparel), Necklace £18.50(Topshop), Chunky boots £92.00(Topshop).
I love this outfit- so easy to wear and the perfect combination of hard/edgy and feminine!


Artist review: Raphael Vicenzi

Raphael Vicenzi is the talented Belgian based illustrator behind mydeadpony.com. As you will see through the artists I am featuring this week, I tend to gravitate towards a certain style of work- exquisite portraits in pencil/ink over a watercolour wash base. 

One of the things I particularly love about Vicenzi's work, which I feel helps to differentiate him from other artists with similar styles, is his usage of typography in his prints. There is so much depth added to his illustrations by adding words, and it is this that I like about his work.





No comments: