Wednesday 24 July 2013

"What I would like to wear today" + Designer review: Finchittida Finch

I'm feeling in quite a geometric mood today so this is the inspiration behind today's "What I would like to wear today" post. I have also been dying to get my hands on this Topshop pencil skirt for ages so I have pretty much built this outfit around the skirt!I love the contrasting prints and it fits perfectly with the abstract geometric prints that are set to become popular next spring!


Sheer shirt(£38.00) Lavish Alice at ASOS.com, Royal blue cami top(£18.00) and Abstract print skirt(£22.00) both Topshop, Geometric necklace(£35.00) Finchittida Finch at http://finchittidafinch.com/, Black wedge heels(£25.00) linzishoes.com, vintage black bag(£18.71) http://www.etsy.com/shop/totalrecallvintage



There are so many things about this outfit that I love- firstly the pencil skirt(as you can tell pencil skirts are a bit of an obsession of mine) and secondly the shoes! I have only recently discovered Linzi shoes and the prices are SO affordable without the quality of the shoes being compromised, as soon as I get paid I will definitely be buying a pair of shoes from here!


Abstract prints on the Pre-SS14 catwalks. Left to right: Prabal Gurung, Mannign Cartell, Issey Miyake, Phillip Lim, Catherine Malndrino, Clover Canyon. All photos taken from Resort SS14 collections.

Abstract geometrics with contrast print fills were huge on the Pre SS14 catwalks(shown above) and high street stores  and online sites have already begun interpreting this trend!One of my favourites, other than my beloved Topshop pencil skirt, is the ASOS dress(2nd from the right) which bears so much resemblance to Clover Canyon's Resort 14 collection.. The Nastygal.com sweater dress is another of my  favourites- not only is this item a perfect example of the abstract geometric print trend it is also bang on trend in terms of shape as T-shirt/Jumper dresses are the new SS14 take on previous sports luxe trends.
High street and online interpretations of the trend. Left to right: Urban Outfitters(£80.00), Dress(£14.99)New Look, Dress(£13.99)Daisystreet.com, Silence +Noise at Urban Outfitters(£10.00),Dress(£14.99)Missguided.co.uk, Dress(£34.00)ASOS.com, Jumper dress(£57.37/$88.00)Nastygal.com. 

As part of my blog I want to increase awareness about new designers and startup businesses as I think its so important that we support one another. Finchittida Finch is a perfect example of this. They are a twin design duo that studied at the University of the Arts London and are now based in East London. 

I first noticed them while browsing graduate collections 2011, and am so happy to see that their talent hasn't gone to waste! The slogan for their brand is 'Made in London, inspired by Laos" and as well as their obvious design talent they aim to raise awareness about Laos and it's leftover landmines from the Vietnamese war through their campaign 'Fashion gives a F***K'! 


art deco, jewellery, monchrome, statement jewellery
Finchittida Finch's current collection and a photo of the design duo(top left).



No comments: