Tuesday 16 June 2015

Bucket list and blog makeover

Once again I have not written a blog post in a really long time, since I moved to Germany actually which was almost 3 months ago. As a result my daily views have plummeted, which I completely understand- why would anyone want to look at a blog with no new content. Truth be told I haven't really felt like blogging since I arrived here. I wanted to live my life for a while without feeling any responsibility to posting regularly(not that I've ever been very good at that)and sometimes, especially recently, I question if there is even any point in me blogging at all. Although I get a lot of page views, I don't seem to have very many followers which can be quite disheartening. There are so many blogs out there nowadays that it is increasingly hard to stand out from the rest and create some form of blog identity. This is something I'm going to be working on over the coming months.

Anyway I have put these disheartening thoughts to one side.I miss blogging and enjoy writing- it's my guilty pleasure so regardless of who follows/doesn't follow me I'm going to get back into posting. I never get to write in my day job, it's mainly spent drawing and manipulating images on adobe photoshop, so blogging is my outlet. With this new/recycled(as I've definitely said this before)outlook I'm hoping that one day I will get into the habit of regularly posting- it's on my bucket list.

Speaking of which, I thought I would share some of my newly edited bucket list on here. I made one when I was 18 but it lay dormant in one of my many journals until it recently resurfaced in a spring/summer clean. Here's a teaser...





Recently I've been feeling fairly discouraged about being 24 and completely single. So many/almost all of my close friends are in long term relationships and one by one I am seeing girls I went to school with getting engaged/married/having children while I drift around dwelling on my marital status. I have decided it's time to change my outlook.

Society, Films(Disney in particular) and the media guides us to believe we need someone else to complete us. "You're nobody 'til somebody loves you", although just a song lyric this is an accepted idea despite being both ridiculous and detrimental when trying to live a happy, fulfilling life. I am not half a person. I am not incomplete. I do not need another person to make my life worth living. One day I will meet someone who has personality traits and attributes that compliment my own, someone who I can share my WHOLE and COMPLETE life with. Until then I am unattached; tied down to nothing and free to live the kind of selfish, guilt free life that can only be lived as a single 20 something year old. 

This is why I have written my bucket list- it will give me some direction and remind me that single life doesn't have to be a curse, it can be a blessing. I'm going to use the next however many years to see the world, soak up every possible experience and become a more knowledgeable and well rounded person. As part of this (No. 100) I have also decided to read 52 new books in a year- starting from 15.06.15.I'm currently getting stuck into George Orwell's '1984' but would love suggestions on what else to add to my list of 52! 

x

P.S. New outlook=new log design. Let me know your thoughts on the makeover!

No comments: