Monday 29 April 2013

Pick me up: Graphic Arts festival

One of the perks of being a design assistant is that I have to go to exhibitions and galleries for research!On Friday work paid for me to go to the Pick me up: Graphic Arts festival at Somerset house. Such an amazing experience and SO inspiring!I've added some images from the exhibition below...













Some trends among the illustration included: pop art, neon colours and illustrated animals. Detailed animal illustrations seem to be becoming increasingly popular, this is something I want to experiment with in my own work. Having the opportunity to look around the exhibition made me eager to get back into doing my own artwork outside of work.

I also went to look around the Brick lane Sunday market yesterday with some friends. I love the atmosphere there and am really interested in trying to see if I can create some designs to put on t-shirts so that I can have a stall there. 

No comments: