Saturday 21 November 2015

Premiere Vision Autumn/Winter 2016 print trend predictions

Normally I get to go to Premiere Vision as part of my job to do trend research and see the textile studios' new collections. I absolutely love it- it's great for networking with other designer/fashion professionals and it really helps me get my head around the trends of the coming seasons. Unfortunately this year I moved to work in menswear and this meant I could not go to PV as my current company sends only shape designers not graphic designers.To say I was gutted about this is an understatement as Premiere Vision is, in a professional capacity, the highlight of my year. 

In January, at the last PV event I attended, I was given a press pass after someone read my previous blog post reviewing the Premiere Vision print trends. This allowed me to take photos at the event and do a more thorough review(if you didn't see it originally you check it out here: http://textilecandy.blogspot.be/2015/02/premiere-vision-springsummer-2016.html). After this Premiere Vision post, regrettably my blogging went downhill, became less frequent and I think you could definitely tell that I was becoming both frustrated and disenchanted with putting so much effort into writing a blog and creating moodboards that very few people saw. I very nearly quit blogging altogether. Then I reminded myself that I love writing. I love researching beautiful printed textiles. I love hearing peoples' trend predictions, learning the reasoning behind them and seeing them come to fruition. Above all else I love making fashion relevant to those who aren't interested in it and view it as unnecessary.

One of my favourite parts of the Premiere Vision events is attending the WGSN trend seminars. Although I do have a WGSN account and can view their trend predictions online, hearing the trend forecasters present and explain the background and inspiration for each new trend is incomparable to reading a brief trend outline on the internet.

So, despite not having been to the most recent Premiere Vision event, I have been able to look at the trend predictions for Autumn/Winter 2016 on the WGSN website and have decided to create some trend prediction boards anyway.

I have changed some of the trend names and have left out an 'old masters florals' trend as it isn't one I am in support of, but the majority of the trend names are exactly the same.











All of the above boards are high resolution images and can be printed as an inspiration pack- if anyone does use these for inspiration I'd love to hear about it!I sometimes come across my previous boards on pinterest and it's great to see them being used.


2 comments:

Brand Promo 101 said...

If you are searching fashion trends for women. Here is a super discount on Latest Fashion Bodysuits for Women USA. Grab the deals now.

Home Renovation Montebello said...

Thank you for beingg you